Warehouse & Yard Assistant
Salary: £19,000 - depending on experience
Place of Work: Cawston
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5pm
Closing date: Thursday 27th February 2020
Broadland Drinks Ltd is an international drinks producer, importer and innovator based in Cawston, near Norwich. We create drink brands people love. Our business is growing in the USA and Europe, as well as the UK. With a positive culture of development and opportunity, we are an employer of choice.
We are looking to recruit to this full-time position to support the Warehouse & Distribution Manager with administrative tasks and driving duties. This is a very varied role requiring a flexible, versatile and well organised person who is prepared to work indoors and outside.
Key duties / Requirements:
- Planning the supply & control of all empty pallets –including Chep, involves stock checking.
- Organising daily haulage for stock movements of products between sites.
- Controlling all waste streams from waste water to scrap metal; liaising with service providers, raising despatch paperwork, maintaining accurate records.
- Maintenance of the Fork lift truck & van records; hour logs, maintenance records, organising repair call outs, controlling operator daily reports, filing.
- Warehouse related invoice checking.
- Gathering warehouse min/max temperatures and entering on spreadsheet.
- Controlling products which have been damaged in-transit/warehouse & raising claims.
- Gathering info and maintaining filed records and logs.
- Raising PO requisitions on computer system for warehouse & yard needs, including PPE.
- Checking various weekly reports.
- 3.5T Van deliveries, banking, other ad-hoc van driving needs (e.g. collect urgent supplies).
- Driving pick-up to assist with movement of packaging between sites.
- Assisting the warehouse team in keeping areas clean and tidy.
Key Skills/Competencies required:
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to HR@broadlanddrinks.com by Thursday 27th February 2020
- Full driving licence able to drive a 3.5T van.
- Able to work using their own initiative, to take responsibility of a problem and capable of following it to a conclusion.
- Good basic computer skills using modern office software; windows, word, excel spreadsheets, email etc.
- Good communication skills to liaise with service providers & other internal departments.
- Able to take responsibility of maintaining accurate and neatly filed records.
- Have great attention to detail and able to spot & highlight potential issues.
- Although not essential a fork lift truck licence would be an advantage.
Click to apply