Commercial Director - Newly created Board level Commercial Director role driving domestic and international growth opportunities for Norfolk based Broadland Drinks.
Broadland Drinks is an independently owned, multi award-winning company with a passion for creating drinks brands people love. With a 58-year history of innovation and pioneering new types of wines, drinks and packaging formats, it has established itself as a leading sustainable drinks producer. Reporting to the owner & CEO, this role will help shape and deliver exciting growth plans by leading and developing the sales and marketing team and by personally engaging at senior levels within the wine and drinks trade. Utilising your industry expertise, innovative commercial thinking and proven marketing methods to maximise market share and value for the business, you’ll ensure sales activities are aligned to the company brand, values and ESG focus. Our client is looking for an experienced and ambitious leader with a collaborative and inspiring approach who offers a proven track record of delivering profitable growth in a B2B environment. Offering an environment of collaboration, innovation, ambition and respect for people and the planet, this is an exciting opportunity to utilise your depth of sales leadership experience from within the beverage industry to drive profitable and sustainable growth.
- Lead the development of UK and International sales and marketing strategy, creating a compelling offer and customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team in a collaborative and dynamic environment, developing and delivering innovative commercial business strategies.
- Lead, develop and coach a team of sales and marketing professionals, fostering a culture of high performance, ambition, teamwork and accountability.
- Drive the development and deployment of the annual marketing and sales plans and monitor and report performance to ensure targets are achieved.
- Develop appropriate routes to market including own or external service centres to maximise value growth.
- Lead Marketing to complement sales strategy by ensuring that sales plans reflect market intelligence and sales activities are aligned with branding.
- Lead the sales forecasting process to ensure that assets and resources are aligned with market opportunities.
- Lead and optimise the use of CRM and Product Development systems and tools.
- Lead the development of a Customer Service strategy in order to manage the Customer experience.
Experience and skills required:
- Ideally educated to degree level and/or have had operated with considerable senior management or board-level experience within the B2B UK wine/alcohol/beverage market. Although not essential, a knowledge of aligned markets in the US would be an advantage.
- Intimate knowledge of appropriate markets, customers and or products will be required with a proven track record of delivering profitable growth.
- Be experienced in innovative creation and delivery of low/medium cost, high-ROI marketing B2B marketing campaigns and methods.
- Experience of opening and developing multiple grocer customer relationships.
- Data driven with strong analytical skills, and the ability to unite and motivate people around decisions.
- Credible and professional, with sound commercial judgment and the ability to think through the broader business implications.
- Have highly developed leadership and influencing skills, capable of being used with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- The ability to work internationally with people from diverse national and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable of best practice in company processes, culture and systems whilst offering a hands-on, flexible, agile and pragmatic approach.
- Resourceful, resilient, responsible and robust with high emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
Package: Competitive base salary and benefits including annual bonus and excellent long-term prospects on offer.
Pure Executive are the exclusive retained recruitment partners for this opportunity. Contact Jodie Woodrow with your CV or for further information go to https://broadlanddrinks.pureexecutive.com/
Click to apply