- Our Environment
Broadland Drinks Ltd has been on a journey to eliminate the burning of fossil fuels at our winery since 2020. We aim to have removed fossil fuels from our operations by the end of 2025.
- We have installed solar panels across our whole winery roof, with excess electricity being exported to the grid.
- All other electricity used on our site is also from 100% renewable sources.
- Our wastewater treatment plant cleans our wastewater onsite which is better for the environment, saving tonnes of carbon emissions every year by cutting down on HGV movements which used to tanker our waste away.
- With our bag in box and canning lines, we can produce wine in the lower carbon footprint formats as well as traditional glass bottles.
- We bottle bulk wine at our winery in the UK, thus helping reduce the number of bottles transported from Australia, New Zealand, Chile, South Africa and California. This lowers the carbon footprint of a bottle of wine by 137g, compared to wine bottled overseas.
- Our site lighting has been migrated to low-energy LED lighting which also automatically switches off when people aren’t working the areas.
- We have a cycle to work scheme at our winery to encourage low-carbon transport and are installing electric vehicle charging points to encourage use of zero emission vehicles.
- The winery site is zero waste to landfill with recycling for our metal, card, glass and plastic and the remaining waste being turned into fuel.
- All our cardboard is from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) accredited sources or is from 100% recycled material.
- Our green glass bottles contain 70% recycled material.
- We strive to use lightweight, UK-produced bottles whenever practicable, utilising up to 75% recycled material in their manufacture.
- Our MINIVINO cups are fully recyclable rPET which contains 25% recycled plastic.
- Our Community
We also support charities
both locally and around the world:
- Since 2016, we have been a Corporate Partner of The Drinks Trust. The Drinks Trust is the trade charity that provides help and support to current and former employees of the drinks industry and their families. This important charity supports our colleagues across the industry facing a variety of difficult circumstances, including serious illness, issues with depression or stress, with debt or any family crisis such as a seriously ill partner or child.
- Since 2019, we have partnered with Whale and Dolphin Conservation charity (WDC) with our Waipapa Bay wines raising money and awareness for the charity.
- We are corporate members of the Norfolk Wildlife Trust
- We also donate to various local charities based upon need. During the COVID pandemic we donated to the NHS and local community services. And in 2021 donated to the lobby group and Judicial Review calling for the creation of an offshore ring main to connect the multiple new East Anglian off-shore wind farms.
- Our Team
We strive to create a team culture that embraces equality, diversity and inclusion and where integrity, respect, wellbeing, work life balance and a sense of belonging and accomplishment are promoted and supported. See our careers section